Thursday, July 28, 2011

Too long!

I haven't posted in quite awhile. I still can't find my camera. I'm sure I put it somewhere that I thought would be a great idea so I would find it really fast when we were moving... I've been taking lots of pictures and video with my cell phone which isn't the best quality. But what totally got me to write a post was another blog post I read Pacing the Panic Room. It really hits home for me. It's a long post, but I really connect with not wanting your little girl to be a princess. And to ever think that she can get by in life on her looks, or to be so concerned about what she looks like. I haven't read the book Cinderella Ate My Daughter, I plan on it, but I did hear a lengthy interview with the author on NPR. If I can help it, I don't buy pink things (clothing excluded). I try to stay gender neutral so that it can be passed down no matter what we have next. I'm not anti-dolls, it's just something to think about and find where I am on the anti-princess scale and adjust my parenting accordingly!

Here's a couple of videos from my phone over the past 2 weeks. The waving one is from a couple of days ago. And she hides behind this chair at least 2 times every day, she thinks it's hilarious!


3 comments:

  1. Haha this post reminds me that a while back i was playing a Princess maker game, and my daughter ended up a Bandit leader in the mountains HA. I got this sussed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute!

    And did you give her a mohawk or is her hair naturally growing into one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is her natural hair growth! I don't brush it or anything.

    ReplyDelete