Monday, July 4, 2011

Holy crap!

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last blogged. I am disappointed in myself!

We went to Chicago for a wedding and then the last two weeks have been spent packing, moving and then un-packing. While we aren't finished unpacking we have made a good dent. We went from a three bedroom down to a two bedroom and decided not to get rid of anything until we moved in and saw what wasn't going to work. So far the only things on the chopping block are the day bed with trundle and a drawing desk. Although we did take a car load of clothes, old games and puzzles and a couple of baby items that didn't work out for us, and donated them at the Salvation Army before we moved. We are going through a couple of bookshelves worth of books to see what we have already read and don't want to keep and take those to half price books. That, however, isn't really getting rid of anything since we plan on buying more books!

Since I last posted Zelda has really been hitting some big achievements. She is now a crawling champ! And pulls herself up on everything and walks around perimeters, from coffee tables to walls! The following list she has done, but not consistently - waves, says something resembling 'hi', gives kisses, laughs like a monkey, pinches, bites, booty dances and can stand with no hands for maybe 3 seconds.

I haven't been taking any pictures the last 3 weeks, but I'll give you what I have! (OK so it ended up being a big photo dump of Chicago photos)

Jon and Zelda on the plane!

My new tattoo - on our 1 year wedding anniversary (Jon's nickname is Chainsaw and the skull is from 40k)

In Chicago, pulling up on everything!

Mastering the art of standing and pooping!

At our friends wedding.

The happy couple.

Cousins playing! They did so great together.

More playing.

And more standing.

Zelda helping Regan put the shapes in the correct spaces.

Regan is a ham!

My sister-in-law, Liz, me and the cousins (Regan, Riley and Zelda)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys had fun at the wedding! Wish we could have come, but two round-trips was out of our price range! Well...ONE was out of our price range--two was not going to happen at all!

    Zelda gets cuter and cuter every time I see a new picture. You guys look like a really happy little family! :)

    I LOVE the tattoo, by the way! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelda has the prettiest eyes! I miss you guys so much! Glad we got to see you for a hot minute.

    ReplyDelete