Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So much to tell!

I had good intentions to blog over the holiday, but as you can see, that didn't happen.

We flew to my parents house outside Dallas, TX on the 22nd and came back home on the 26th. This was Zelda's second time flying and she did great, again! We had a whole row to ourselves on the flight there, but were packed like sardines on the flight home (Jon's back is still hurting). My theory is that no one leaves Ft. Lauderdale, but everyone comes here. Because it was the same when we flew to Detroit.

We had a wonderful time and it made me miss Dallas. On the 23rd we went and saw Jon's uncle & aunt, cousins and cousin's kids. It was crazy, but so much fun. I wish we had more family in Florida, but I figure maybe Zelda and her cousin Marissa are the start of a crazy bunch of kids here.

Zelda had a great first Christmas, even though she slept through most of the present opening. She got clothes, books, and a few toys. I was a horrible mom and forgot to pack her Christmas presents from Jon and I. Luckily she will never remember!

Jon and I also raked it in this year. We got a joint gift from my parents - a video camera! We took some great videos and I will soon become a video posting junkie once I figure out how to get them from camera to computer to blog!

I just about made myself cry when on the 26th I went to delete one blurry photo from my camera and I deleted everything! All our Christmas photos, Zelda's first Christmas. I was so mad at myself. But after two days and one virus I managed to find a free photo recovery program! Below are some of the photos I took.

My dad and Zelda (this was his first time seeing her, and yes she did scream and cry on first sight but quickly warmed up to him, as you can see)

 
One of my all time favorite photos, she looks like she was really surprised at her pile of presents, she wasn't though.

Auntie Jamie and Zelda, she looks like such a little person!

Our family photo, we decided not to smile to be funny, but I like how it turned out.


2 comments:

  1. I am SO GLAD you were able to recover your photos! I love that last one. You should blow it up and frame it and hang it on your wall. If you don't, I will, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! *I* felt nauseated at the thought of your pictures being lost. So glad you recovered them. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete